The Transfusion is a standard drink made with vodka, ginger ale and grape juice. This twist combines ginger syrup with ice cubes made from Concord grape juice that slowly infuse the drink with autumnal flavor.
- Concord grape juice, for ice cubes
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce ginger syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces club soda
- Garnish: concord grapes
- Garnish: crystallized ginger
- In advance: Fill an ice cube tray with Concord grape juice and place in the freezer for several hours until frozen.
- Add the vodka, ginger syrup and lime juice into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a rocks glass over Concord grape juice ice cubes.
- Top with the club soda.
- Garnish with Concord grapes and a piece of crystallized ginger.