The Best Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup raisins
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1½ sticks slightly softened butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups old-fashioned or rolled oats
- 1 extra-large egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Soak raisins in hot water for 30 minutes, then drain. Or for extra flavor, that is out of this world, soak your raisins in bourbon for 8 hours in the fridge!
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down frequently. Take care not to overbeat.
- Add flour mixture to creamed butter and sugar and mix on low speed until combined. Mix in oats, followed by drained raisins, egg and vanilla.
- Use a ¼-cup measure to scoop dough onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet. Flatten each blob with the base of the measuring cup.
- To bake cookies: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake until cookies are golden-brown on the outside but still soft in the middle, about 17 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.