Smoked Pulled Pork
There are many ways to make pulled pork. We like ours smoked. Remember low in slow gets the best results when smoking meat.
- (8 lb) bone-in pork butt
- 2 Tbsp coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½ Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 4 Tbsp brown sugar
- Blend all ingredients together and completely cover the butt. This is what is called the rub.
- Place in the smoker, and smoke for 1 hour per pound at 250°F, or until internal temp reaches at 165°F.
- Remove from smoker and wrap the butt two times in foil.
- Place back on the smoker at 250°F for 1 hour per pound or until internal temp reaches at 195°F for pulled pork results.
- Remove pork and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Use our Bear Claw Meat Separators to pull the pork apart for the best results.