- 4 New England–style hot dog buns (those are split at the top)
- 4 tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- 1 pound cooked lobster meat
- 1 small to medium cucumber (4 to 5 ounces), peeled, no seeds and cut into 1/4-inch dices, place on paper towel to absorb more of the cucumber juice.
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 2 or 3 small scallions, trimmed and sliced thinly
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea Salt if you want
- Cut the lobster meat into 1/2- to 3/4-inch dice
- Combine lobster, cucumber, mayonnaise, and scallions in a bowl. Season with a bit of pepper if needed. Salt to taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap; chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Heat a 10 inch skillet over medium heat.
- Spread the butter on the sides of the hot dog buns, using 1/2 tablespoon on each side.
- Place the buttered buns in the hot pan and toast, without moving, until golden brown on one side, about 1 minute. Turn and cook the other side, about 1 minute more and remove from heat.
- Open buns and divide lobster salad evenly among them.