- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp dry sherry
- 3 tbsp plus 1 tsp brandy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch nutmeg
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 pounds cooked lobster meat, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp minced fresh tarragon
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add shallots and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds.
- Add broth, 3 tbsp sherry and 3 tbsp brandy.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce is reduced to 3/4 cup, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cream, nutmeg, cayenne, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Return to a simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly and measures about 1 1/2 cups, about 4 minutes.
- Turn heat to low. Whisk the yolks together in a large bowl.
- Slowly whisk in 1/2 cup of the simmering liquid into the yolks (to temper).
- Then, slowly whisk the yolks back into the simmering sauce. Whisking constantly, cook the mixture until evenly colored and nicely thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Gently stir in the lobster, parsley, tarragon, remaining sherry and brandy. Allow the lobster to heat through, about 1 minute.