Skip to content
- 1 orange
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar or two sugar cubes
- 4 dashes or drops Angostura bitters
- 1 teaspoon water (if you want, we never use it
- 2 ounces bourbon (or more, whatever it takes to cover the round ice ball. We recommend Bullet Rye whiskey.)
- 1 Cocktail Cherry
- 1 teaspoon of the juice from the cocktail cherry jar
- Garnish: orange peel (burnt with a mini torch)
- Cut the orange into pieces about 1 inch wide. So cut it in half and then 1 inch strips. You should get 4 strips per half.
- Squeeze 1 orange section into a low ball glass
- Add the 1/2 teaspoon of sugar or 2 sugar cubes
- Remove the pulp from the orange peel.
- Using a mini torch burn or char the outside of the orange peel. This releases the oils from the peel
- Add 1 teaspoon of cocktail cherry juice to the glass
- Muddle or stir until all the sugar is dissolved
- Add ice to the glass (we like using the round ice cubes from a silicone tray
- Fill with with bourbon or whiskey until the ice cube is barely covered
- Gently stir to mix everything together
- Add the cocktail cherry
- Rub the orange peel around the rim of the glass, and then garnish
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.