Lacy Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup (115 g or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (220 g) packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g) thick-cut rolled oats (or substitute regular rolled oats)
- Preheat the oven to 350F:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter and sugar:
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Warm, stirring frequently, until the butter and brown sugar melt into a thick brown paste.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the flour, vanilla, and salt. The batter will be very thin. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Once the liquid has cooled add the egg and mix with a fork until incorporated. Add the oats and stir until well distributed.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter onto the baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches or more of space between each one. Use the back of a spoon to spread each cookie into a very thin circle, so the oats are in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until the edges of the cookies start to turn dark golden brown. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely on the parchment paper.