Chocolate Hazelnut Cake
- 1 box of Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium free range eggs
Topping and filling
- 1.5 tubs of Chocolate Icing
- 50 chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 12 whole hazelnuts
- 1 oz. dark chocolate melted
- Pour the cake mixture evenly into the two greased cake tins.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 22-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Leave the cakes in the tins for 2-3 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Spread 1/3 of the chocolate icing over one of the cakes. Place the second cake on top and spread another 1/3 of the remaining icing over the top and sides in a smooth layer. Use the tip of the palette knife to create a pattern in the icing on the top of the cake.
- Gently press the roasted chopped hazelnuts onto the sides of the cake to cover completely. Brush away any excess chopped nuts from around the base of the cake.
- Place the remaining icing into the piping bag fitted with the fluted nozzle and pipe 12 rosettes around the top edge of the cake.
- Dip the 12 whole hazelnuts into the melted dark chocolate. Leave in a cool place until set, then gently place one on top of each icing rosette.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.