- 24 oz container of Sour Cream
- 1 jar, 8 oz of Taco Sauce ( Mild, Medium, Hot, your choice)
- 1 16 oz can of refried beans (Like the sour cream, you can use the vegetarian or fat free kind, but why?)
- 2 - 4 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese (Don’t use Dairy free cheese, it’s not cheese and there is no Milk Fat. See the theme here!)
- 1 1.25 oz packet of Taco Seasoning
- ¼ cup of finely chopped red onions or the tops of fresh green onions
- 1 avocado sliced and quartered
- 1 2.¼ oz can of slices black olives (drained)
- 1 ¼ cup of sliced jalapenos (optional for more heat)
- 1 ½ cup of fresh chopped tomato, make sure it is drained.
- In a bowl mix the refried beans and the whole jar of taco sauce
- Spread the bean mixture evenly in a 9 x13 deep baking dish
- In another bowl combine the sour cream and taco seasoning and thoroughly mix together
- Spread the sour cream mixture evenly over the refried beans. Like icing a cake.
- Layer the cheese over top.
- Add the garnishes you want evenly across the top.
- Sit back, enjoy and soak in all the complements of how good it is.