September 25th is National Grilled Quesadilla Day
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 cups of either leftover roasted chicken, ground beef, pulled pork,
- *we like ours with shredded smoked brisket*
- 1/2 cup medium salsa
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 20 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- 20 flour tortillas
- Heat grill to medium heat
- Combine sour cream, cilantro and lime juice in bowl; set aside.
- Combine chicken, salsa and black beans in bowl.
- Assemble quesadillas by placing 1 slice of cheese, ¼ cup meat mixture, another slice of cheese and a second tortilla.
- Place onto grill. Grill, turning once, 4-6 minutes or until tortillas start to crisp and cheese is melted.
- Serve with cilantro lime sour cream, and an ice cold Mexican Beer