Escargot Stuffed Mushroom Caps
- 1 can escargot ( snails – 12 snails for one serving)
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp fresh or dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or pressed
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- In a small dish add the white wine and the snails. Marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Clean and remove stems from the mushrooms.
- Sauté caps in butter for a few minutes until partially cooked.
- In a microwavable dish, add butter and the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir and place in the microwave until butter is completely melted.
- In an escargot dish, place two snails in each hole.
- Place a small amount of mozzarella cheese on top of each one.
- Place the mushroom cap over top of the snails.
- Add half of the butter mixture over all of the mushroom tops.
- Cover with more mozzarella cheese and the remainder of the butter mixture. Top with parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 12-15 minutes until the top is browned.
- Serve hot with French bread and slices of lemon.