Awesome Taco Dip
- 1 16 oz can of refried beans (your choice of type: Traditional, Vegetarian, Ect.)
- 1 12oz bottle of taco sauce (Hot, Medium, Mild, your choice)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (original, or low sodium, your choice)
- 1 16 oz container of sour cream
- 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cookie sheet
- Other toppings if desired:
- 1 batch of green onions,
- 1 can (small)of diced black olives,
- 1 can (small)jalapeno slices
- Mix the can of refried bean and taco sauce in a bowl until well mixed.
- After well mixed empty the bowl onto the cookie sheet and spread out evenly *to get it even more even, lift the sheet 6 inches or so and drop flatley back on to the counter* This seems to get it perfectly smooth in our opinion.
- In another bowl empty all the sour cream and taco seasoning. Mix really well.
- Gently pour the sour cream and taco seasoning onto the refried beans in the cookie sheet and spread with a spatula or cake knife.*we usually do a little at a time*
- Once spread evenly cover evenly with the 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- To add other ingredients on top:
- Take the batch of green onion and using either the The Vallon® Hand Forged Professional Chef Knife or the The Vallon® Hand Forged Stainless Steel Professional Cleaver, finely dice the tops of the green onions and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Drain the juice out of the can of black olives and add as much as you like
- Take out the slices and add where you like. We make half with jalapenos and the other half without.